Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165PWPR has been specifically developed as a 100% solids protection system with a degree of flexibility for pour and roll application to concrete surfaces in contact with potable water.
• Combines good application characteristics with excellent corrosion protection and
• Designed for application by roller or squeegee at thicknesses between 1000-2000 microns.
• Designed for use on concrete surfaces in combination with 3M™ Scotchkote™ Urethane
• Adhesion – Excellent to both blast cleaned and mechanically scraped surfaces.
• Abrasion Resistance – Excellent resistance to abrasion and mechanical damage.
• Chemical Resistance – Unaffected by most industrial chemicals.
General Application Steps
1. Remove oil, grease and loosely adhering deposits.
2. Scarify or lightly blast concrete surfaces and seal with Scotchkote Urethane Sealer 165CS.
3. Apply Scotchkote Urethane Coating 165PWPR coating at the specified thickness.
4. Allow to cure.
5. Visually or electrically inspect the coating for defects.
6. Repair all defects.
Concrete surfaces should be lightly abrasive blasted or mechanically scarified, taking care not to expose the aggregate. All dust and loose residue should then be removedand surfaces then sealed using 3MTM ScotchkoteTM Urethane Sealer 165CS.
The material is a two component material comprising Part A component and Part B component which must be mixed together prior to use. Both components should be thoroughly stirred to incorporate any slight separation prior to mixing. Whilst continually stirring Part A, Part B component should be slowly added with mixing continuing until completely homogeneous.
After mixing fully, the material should be transferred to another container with the original container scraped clean into this new container and further mixing then carried out to ensure complete incorporation.
The mixed material must be used within 25 minutes at 20°C (68°F). This time will be reduced at higher temperatures and extended at lower temperatures.
The product should not be applied when the relative humidity exceeds 90% or when the surface to be coated is less than 3°C above the dew point.
The product is intended for application by a pour and roll technique and should be applied to give a uniform even thickness, using roller or squeegee.
After application surfaces should be rolled using a spiked roller to aid air release from the coating.
Clean all equipment immediately after use with 3MTM ScotchkoteTM Thinners PU71.
Packaging and Storage
Supplied in 4 litre packs
Use within 2 years of date of manufacture. Store in original sealed containers at temperatures between 5°C (40°F) and 30°C (86°F).
Click the button below to start your quotation.Get a Quote
LEGIONELLA RISK ASSESSMENTS & LEGIONELLA REMEDIAL WORKS FOR FACILITIES MANAGERS
TANK RELINE 10 YEAR GUARANTEE
TANK RELINE APPOINT A NEW MANAGING DIRECTOR
STEPS TAKEN WHEN RELINING A WATER TANK
TOP 5 REASONS TO RELINE A WATER TANK
Tank Reline completed a project for us recently. They were very professional, organised and most importantly in today’s climate very competitively priced. From start to finish the project ran perfectly and they always recommend relining tanks over a full replacement, I would use Tank Reline every time. Also we and our client were very impressed with the photographic reports produced and thought this was a good touch to a great job.
Luke Tanton, Stonegrove Limited
Tank Reline are certified members of the LCA, which means our management systems are specially designed to assist our clients in controlling their Legionella risk. We are also accredited to the highest standards for Health & Safety, Quality & Environment. See below for a selection of the organisations with whom our company and staff are certified.